This is what I did on my summer “sewcation”.
I have wanted to make this quilt ever since I bought Bonnie Hunters, String Fling book. I started collecting blue and neutral fabrics and started to sew string blocks on April 15, 2016.
I kept a chart of the number of string blocks I needed and I colored in the squares as I completed them. This helped to keep me on track and reinforced that even if I made one string square, I was making progress.
This week I moved furniture so that I could lay out the blocks in rows and sew on the borders. Moved it outside to get full sized photos. This is certainly the largest quilt I have sewn.
Now I need to purchase backing fabric, and decide if I am brave enough ( or crazy enough) to quilt this on my domestic sewing machine.
Linking up to Oh Scrap at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.ca/